|Location :||North East Scotland|
William Lawson Distillers
(William Lawson Distillers, is a subsidiary of Barcadi Ltd., Bermuda.)
|Founded :||1849 by Wiliam Lawson|
William Lawson :From the Whisky pilot by Uniqum Systems :
Created in 1849 by Wiliam Lawson.
Glen Deveron is one of the malts used in the blend.
Today the plant in Coatbridge proiduces about 20 million bottles of William Lawson per year.
William Lawson started out as a whisky merchant in Dundee in the 19th century. The company had severe financial problems during WWII but managed to recover and moved to new Liverpool a few years after the war. At that time Liverpool was bustling with activity and Lawson's business expanded rapidly. They invested in a bottling plant in Coatbridge, necessary due to the increased export, which in turn was achived largely thanks to their business relation with Martini & Rossi.
In 1972 they bought the Macduff Distillery, a natural step to ensure a contious flow of the whisky that was the heart of their blended whisky. Today the annual output of the Coatbridge plant exceeds 20 million bottles.
One of the few companies to move successfully to Scotland from England.
|LINKS..........||to official William Lawson or related web pages.|
|William Lawson's Scotch Whisky Site.|