Tullibardine : Remarks and Review is under construction.
From the Whisky pilot by Uniqum Systems :
There was a previous distillery of the same name near Blackford which was established in 1798, although its exact location is not known. The new distillery was the work of Delme Evans, who also designed Jura and Glenallachie. Owned by Invergordon Distillers since 1971, and Whyte & Mackay since 1993. Rebuilt 1973-74 and enlarged from two to four stills. Mothballed January, 1995.
On the site of an ancient brewery, the distillery takes its name from the nearby Tullibardine Moor, home of Gleneagles Hotel and golf courses. This area has always been famed for its water: Highland Spring and Gleneagles mineral waters are both from Blackford. Tradition has it that the fair Queen Helen of Scotland was drowned at a ford on the Allan Water (the local river), hence the name Blackford.
Situated north of the new A9 on the south-western outskirts of the village of Blackford, four miles south of Auchterarder. Water supply is the Danny Burn.