Whisky Catalog by Alternative Whisky Academy
This is a whisky catalog with information about the different types of Whisky, Whiskey and Bourbon, sorted by contry.
If you want to buy whisky please check this page to find a whisky shop -> http://www.awa.dk/whisky/wshops/index.htm
Sorry but have an estimated +5000 pages to convert and only +1000 reached ... (Working hard to update all pages).
AWA - Alternative Whisky Academy is a private, none-commercial, no-profit, none-selling whisky society. (Private owner for private usage.)
We do NOT sell whisky or anything else.
|Location :||Birnie, Elgin, Morayshire|
Birnie, Elgin, Moray, Morayshire IV30 3SS
Phone : 01343-860331
Fax : 01343-860302
Manager : Harry Fox
Visitors are welcome by appointment. Phone : 01343-86331 to arrange.
|Owner :||United Distillers|
|Water :||The Bardon Burn|
Uses ex-bourbon casks. They have 3 wash stills and 3 spirit stills.
From Collins Pocket Reference 'Whisky':
Glenlossie was built not far from the River Lossie in 1876 by a former distillery manager turned hotel owner from Lhanbryde, near Elgin. It was expanded and improved between 1896 and 1917. In 1962, its stills were increased from four to six, while in 1992 a new mash tun was fitted. The licensee is presently Haig and the distillery is owned by United Distillers. The single malt is still relatively rare, but became available in official bottlings in UD's Distillery (Flora and Fauna) Malts series early in the 1990's.
Comments: Another whisky which is difficult to find, Glenlossie has a fresh, grassy aroma with a touch of fruitiness and a smooth, lingering flavour.
Source www.bbr.com :
Glenlossie Distillery, Speyside
The Glenlossie distillery was founded in 1876 by John Duff, the then manager of Glendronach, aided by two of his friends, Alexander Grigor Allen and H.M.S. MacKay. John Duff remained owner of the distillery up to 1896, when Alexander Grigor Allen died. When John Duff left the distillery, H.M.S MacKay renamed it in "Glenlossie-Glenlivet".
In 1919 the distillery was acquired by the Distillers Company (now the Diageo group). It was rebuilt in 1929, following a fire destruction and in 1971 a new distillery was added to the original buildings, called Mannochmore.
Its single malt is rarely bottled (only 0,5% of the production is marketed as single malt) and it can be purchased at independent bottlers such as Berry Bros & Rudd.